3 ♥ Akemi's blog ♥: The wonders of HAIR!!!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

The wonders of HAIR!!!

When it comes to hair, I'm super open to all sorts of hairstyles and changes! As long its not that sort of super short cut, like pixie hair ~

http://www.highstylenews.com/style-your-hair-in-a-pixie-haircut-2012/ginnifer-goodwin-pixie-haircut-2012/

I TOTALLY can't imagine myself in this!! and I would never in my FUTURE life (as of now) to have this hair cut!

Well, I actually had this kind of short and boyish hairstyle back then, when I'm in primary school? When I'm "too young" to have rights/ decisions on the type of hair I like? And parents just insist a super short one so they don't have to tie my hair every morning?? *rolled eyes*

I'll always remember this incident right after my haircut..... There was this chap chai png uncle (FYI: Till NOW, I still remember CLEARLY how he looked like!!) who said to me: " AH BOY AH! WHAT YOU WANT AR?!?!?!" *stoned for a moment* and....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


WHAT DA FUG???
*smoke came out from ears and nose, boiling over 100 degree*

FML totally right?? This incident definitely caused a super super super deep damage to my childhood lah! And by all means, I burned/ bleached to get rid of all the pictures I took back then!!!

Alright, now the sad and epic life have gone and I'm living happily ever after with my hair.... as you can see from here.

And this time round, I'm gonna share my first ever hair braiding experience!!!! WHOOOOooohoooo...

Last year I had my first ever experience to perform in Oschool recital!! You can read my post about it here, here and here.

It was a super great experience and performance that I surely wanna look GOOD! With the choreographers' visualization, me and some of the dancers researched on the hairstyle we wanted to portray on the actual day! So there was this design that caught my eyes!


CREDIT: http://blog.stylert.com/2012/04/27/braid-hair-trends-stylert-com/braid-hairstyle-trends-stylert-3/


Damned cool right?

And I so super look forward to have it done like this. Cause its simply out of the world? Post Apocalypse? just like the theme behind our dance item.

My hair then was totally cannot make it one....



Right?!?!?!

So I went to my hairstylist, Keida from clover (located at Fareast Plaza) to have my hair trimmed and coloured!!



See!!! Under his magic hands, My hair re-grown!!! LOL...

1 - 2 days before the actual day, I met with May to have our hair braided!! MAX EXCITED!!! and can't wait to have that SUPER COOL braid on my hair!! So we went to Fareast Plaza to have it done. I can't remember the shop name but it's quite distinctive and popular for hair braiding/corn rolls, dreadlocks and all the exotic hairstyle. The shop is filled with the "exotic" hairstyle pictures that's why its distinctive~

I showed her the picture that I wanted my hair to be made. Very unfortunately, she was unable to do that for me! *sad* TT___TT

All my anticipation just went to the drain!! =(  But no matter how, we still have to braid our hair for the performance in order to look "cool". So, I went with the fake Mohawk look~ LOL.... and the hairstylist suggested a few ways of braiding to achieve the look I wanted!



And she started!!!

She is a very nice lady! She suggested on how I should style my hair during the "normal" days at work and she braided it in a way that I still can look normal during work days! Not only that, she also taught me on how I could create the Mohawk look on the actual day!!! But well, I'm not as experience as her, so I just anyhow teased my hair to look like it! LOL~



In the making..... with our bubble tea... LOL..

After about 45mins, It's completed!! We quickly took pictures and shared it with the rest of our dance mates! hahaha.... and this was how it looks....



The side profile.



And it was extended to the back.

I have it done on my both sides cause I wanted to create the Mohawk look on the actual day. On the actual first day, Dory, one of my dance mates created the Mohawk for me!!



See... how it goes with my make up?
I've had compliments about the braids~ That it look really cool, "scary" and out of the world! So I guess it was a success "makeover" ?

The braids lasted for 2-3 weeks before it start itching till I dak boleh tahan and I removed it. I'm quite sensitive to it though because May had her's longer than mine. LOL.. and if you ever wonder, I still wash my hair as per normal but it just took a bit more time.

The braids are charged by per braid which unfortunately, I can't remember how much was it and the hairstylist gave me a discount too. =X

Share with me if you also had your hair braided!!! I love braids!!

That's about it and I'm ending here!!! =)

Tata
Akemi

No comments:

Post a Comment