3 ♥ Akemi's blog ♥: SHOPPING PARADISE - Bangkok day 1

Sunday, October 9, 2011

SHOPPING PARADISE - Bangkok day 1

Hi people, finally the outdated post~
I went Bangkok last month together with xiang 's company.
Its his annual company trip and he is allowed to bring me along!!! Lucky me, but of course not for free. A total cost of  S$300 net paid for the flight with Thai Airway which also includes all the taxes and lastly a 4 star hotel accommodation at Pathumwan Princess Hotel. MOST IMPORTANTLY, xiang paid halve for me!!!!
*happy girl*


After checking-in at Changi Airport Terminal 1, we went to have our breakfast at KFC... because of an incident, I've stopped eating KFC for years. And it took me courage to eat them again.

But anyway, back to the main topic.

After 1 - 2 hours, ITS BOARDING TIME!!! eggcited max~


I do not fly much. Most of the time I cruise and not by flight. This is only my SECOND time!!! and my very first time to the SHOPPING PARADISE - BANGKOK!!!!


On board the plane, waiting for our LUNCH!!! hahaha...
Both of us did not have any plane meals before, so we are mad eggcited!!!


and.... TADA~ my plane meal.
I've actually asked for prawn rice. But they ran low with the prawn rice and I'm served with chicken noodle.
I do not really like the main dish. But I love the soft bun!!!! Its the same bun I will always eat when I cruised~ especially filled with lots of margarine!!! oh heavenly~

The dessert - tiramisu is nice too!!

After 2 hours........................................


We finally REACHED BANGKOK AIRPORT - SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT !!!

Camwhore first while walking to collect our luggages~

 

Since I rarely fly, its also my FIRST time checking-in my luggage~ so must take picture!!! hahahaha


And we concluded, to use a super bright luggage with unique big stickers to identify our luggage bag!! [ours is a normal black hard case that is sooooo common =( and its so stress to identify *shake head * and i leave the job to xiang to find our luggage~ hahaha]



One thing I love about BBK, is their HOT PINK TAXI!!!!! OMG so sweet~ chio chio chio~

Finally hop onto our pre-booked bus to send us to our hotel.
While on the way.............
Xiang: " eh~ faster take picture leh... take this....this .....and this... all you won't see in Singapore wan loh....FASTER~ FASTER!!!!!"
Me: " =___="  okokokok..... *snap snap snap* "





Finally while resting my busy fingers from snapping pictures, Choel (xiang's colleague wife) shared with me a list of items she researched!!! so hardworking and well prepared~ Lazy me!!!


and me enjoying the scenery......


* a very not artistic photo xiang took~

After about 45min - 1hr bus ride (I can't really remember the duration, but roughly there...haha).............

We are at Pathumwan Princess Hotel!!!
The interior is soooo classy and modern, as a furniture designer, my habits reveal again..... touching all their furniture pieces and snapping pictures as record~


here........ is one, the hotel's bar and cafe area nicely lighted with warm light and its very modern sleek armchair that caught my eye.

While waiting for our room keys.....


Xiang and his colleagues...

After the normal procedures, we are finally in our room!!!!
Look at their nicely coordinated colours with the fusion of Thai tradition and western..... Romantic and warm...



Notice the clear glass from the picture above???


YES!!! Its the bathroom!!!!
Its large bathroom is separated by a large glass window that adds a classy and luxurious touch~
(don't worry, the glass window is integrated with motorized roller blind so you can pull down while doing your business!!!)

OK, my picture do not justify.....

The bath tub, with normal shower and my favorite ceiling shower!!!! Don't really know if i use the correct term, but its shower that come down like rain and its install on the ceiling~ Get it??



Must take picture with my favorite shower!!!

It also comes with toilet amenities and 2 free drinks that the hotel will replenish everyday~
 

and also a very cute sheep? cow? animal? creature? created with towel welcoming us~


Ok, no more fetish of the hotel toilet and let me show you the scenery from our room!!



An extensive view of BBK city~ NICE??!?!?!

I love the hotel!!! For its a non-smoking hotel and its a very green hotel too!!



There is this notice card on the bedside table and the toilet~ so it allow us, to place them on our bed the next morning. This is so the room service personnel will not change our bed sheets and they can help in saving water and the environment!

Most importantly, for shopaholics, this hotel is located in the heart of the city.
Right beside the hotel, is the MBK shopping center and its linked too!!! We do not have to step out of the hotel to shop~

Reaching the hotel at about 5 plus 6, where it started to rain, it leave us with no where to shop within the next 2 hours before our dinner !!

SO.... its pretty convenient to just shop at MBK during this minimal time and spoiling weather!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sorry, strictly no pictures during shopping!!! Simply because..... I'm too busy shopping!!!! LOL ....MBK is so huge!! even with my fast shopping pace, I can't finish looking and shopping~ 0__o


Just our first dinner in BBK...a steamboat cum BBQ dinner! Something different is their pot!!

LOOK~
 



Special? In Singapore, the BBQ plate and the steamboat bowl its separated.. BUT in this BBQ restaurant, its together!!!



You can select beef set, seafood set, chicken set.... and they have other sides too~
Remember to order their garlic rice too!!! Its superb!!
BUT warning, its NOT buffet style!!!




This restaurant is located at level 4 or 5 right outside MBK food center/food court. *sorry I do not remember the name... Xp* 


The whole group of us only consist of 2 women, me and Choel. So sad, no more continue shopping time after dinner as the guys suggested to drink!!!

Guys don't really shop and we just know each other during our bus ride to hotel...so its weird to shop, just both of us......

BUT........... I love drinking too~ so its still win win for me.. hahahaha...



While walking and looking out for a pub..........I'm still busy snapping scenery pictures because xiang nags again~

and..... we finally found one that is about 5 mins walk from our hotel~

HARDROCK CAFE !!!!


Xiang colleagues are beer drinking people.... so they 've ordered about 4 or 5 towel of Singha in a night.



and some snacks......
I don't really like beer.... so after 3 mugs.............................


I ordered their speciality drink and mojito ...... their price is about 20% - 40% cheaper compared to Singapore!!! WOW~ for drinkers, its a steal ~ the total bill is about 6000 Baht ONLY for a total of 10 people



Quite fortunate, we did not pay for the drinks and dinner as his colleagues treated!!

Some more photos~




OH ya, did i mention, its also my first time wearing shorts and slipper to drink???? OMG ultimate~ it will never happen in Singapore..... hahahaha...

Lastly, I ended my first night with a hot bath in the bath tub and of course with the ceiling shower!!! SHIOK!!!

and of course my haul for the first day~


1. Cute boxer - 3 for 500 Baht * if I'm not wrong*
2. Mustard hand/sling bag - 199 Baht
3. Slipper - 199 Baht
4. 3 t-shirts - 220 Baht each


End of day 1 in Shopping paradise - Bangkok!!!!

Please continue the BBK journey with me in my next update for day 2!!!

tata~






No comments:

Post a Comment