3 ♥ Akemi's blog ♥: Eat.Play.Sleep - Hong Kong day 1 (10 Nov 2012 - 13 Nov 2012 )

Monday, March 18, 2013

Eat.Play.Sleep - Hong Kong day 1 (10 Nov 2012 - 13 Nov 2012 )

ELLO everybodeh!!
My apologies for neglecting deezz space. But hey look what I'm gonna share today, It's my first Hong Kong trip last November~ I know it has been awhile but because I'm really packed and travelling around since the start of the 2013.... SO........ *excuses*

Anyway, back to the trip, I must say I'm pretty happy and "lucky" in the sense that we are travelling during our lovey dovey month. Not only we are travelling during our month, but also the actual day!

*If you still don't know, 10 November is actually our anniversary. *

You can see my excitement for the trip 8 days prior to the trip here. We are really excited about it, till the extend of reaching the airport 1 hours before the meeting time!! And in fact, I did not even able to catch a nap that night! It's the earliest flight and the bear is meeting his colleagues at 4am??!! ZZZZzzz...

While waiting for his colleagues to arrive, we obviously camwhored:







Act one smoker pattern.... =___=""



Cam-whore AGAIN, after checked-ins...


By the time we board, the sky was so beautiful!!! Especially the turquoise shades were just pretty~ After boarding and while waiting for the flight to take off, we.............................






CAM-WHORED AGAIN!!!!! LOL...


It's our first time filling the Hong Kong Immigration Arrival card. *so MUST take pictures*

The flight took about 4 hours to reach Hong Kong. And being mad excited and happy the day before, we took a nap on flight till breakfast time!

"Wakey wakey wakey!!! time for breakfast!!"



FINALLY! We are reaching soon!!! =)))


And Mr sleepy head still sleeping... ZZZZZzzzz



I'm very obsess with the fluffy clouds below us... Don't you think they look like candy floss?


I shall take more pictures before landing!!!



And we finally reached!!!
More pictures on the foreign land... the country where I love their signs, the old shops/buildings, everything just goes vintage!








I just felt like I've entered the scenes in Hong Kong drama... The big and occupied signage the packed streets and flats....

...and we reached the hotel that we will be staying before I got too overly high with the streets.




The hotel is located near MongKok station:

Credit: http://kowloon.rosedalehotels.com/theHotel/ourLocation/en/


The street right outside the main entrance...


We are welcomed with these 3 huge lamps hung from the 2nd floor ceiling and they are mad gorgeous. The hotel's lobby / front desk, is located on the second floor ,displayed with all the reputable designer piece.

Credit: http://kowloon.rosedalehotels.com/theHotel/ourLocation/en/

We got into our rooms respectively and I'm quite shocked with the room size. I did not expect the hotel to be that small though I knew it is relatively small from the tripadvisor.

But the architect/designer is actually quite smart in planning the room to its fullest despite it's limited space.


Our room is the Deluxe Room, and when we opened the door, we could oversee the entire room in one glance.


The view from the window.


And the toilet, where I'm really impressed with what the designer planned and fully utilized the corner of the room. The approximately 600mm toilet door acts as the main door as well as the shower screen. (shower on the right)

With technology, the glass door/ window is able to be made cleared or opaque with one switch.


When its cleared.

When its opaqued.


After playing umpteen times with the toilet glass switch, we proceeded to the main entrance to meet with the colleagues for lunch.

Walked around the hotel area to source for food and we ended here:


Sun Fat Restaurant

It is located right opposite our hotel and it looked like those cafe appeared in drama,very old Hong Kong look with these board stands outside of the restaurant.



The interior of the restaurant is very cozy and cooling with those back to back benches. Menus hung on the wall too (not in picture) just like those in drama one.

The food we've ordered for 4. Me, the bear, ah chai (colleague) & his GF:








The food is not really fantastic and they were super duper salty. LOL, I'm super not used to it and I felt my tongue swelled.

As we have to attend the company dinner at night, the group of us walked to the Mong Kok area for some short shopping.




We then walked passed this egg tart stall and couldn't resist the fragrance coming from the stall.
And oh my, It's freaking nice please! and shit, I did not take note of the stall name T__T.




The bear can always eat food until it's super delicious! He's a great food model. Anyone want to engage him as a food model? LOL..

We continued touring Mong Kok and Fa Yeun Street and just couldn't stop taking the streets' photos...




And I spotted this! The Hong Kong mini bus~

After the short shopping trip, we went back to the hotel to meet the rest of the colleagues for the company dinner.

I did not take any picture for the dinner and it's nothing nice too. Accept for the beer below~ LOL....
*lazy mood*



After the dinner, I so gotta meet up with my friend! KOH MEI!! She is studying at Hong Kong and she came and meet up with me despite the bear's objections. LOL.. So she brought me to the hotel nearby dessert shop for a short meeting up and chit chat cum gossip session.



Noble
The shop interior is pretty small and super crowded. It's just a simple small shop with nice dessert! A very cozy corner for chillax with friends~



The dessert shop was so crowded but it is yum yum!! Stepping out of the shop, I saw this parking ticketing booth that I've got to take a picture:  


So vintage lah~ or more like I'll never see it in Singapore?

Because the bear objections, unfortunately, we did not go elsewhere after the dessert and she sent me back to the hotel where we chatted and cam-whored at the lobby. With the weirdest Polaroid camera she has, it cannot be aimed in the center even though from the view mirror it's centered. =__=

Ended up, ALL the pictures came out are like this:


ALL loped sided. hahahahaha.. accept for this:



THE NORMAL CAMERA one!! hahaha...=D

The happy times ended so quickly, day 1 in Hong Kong ended relatively fast. I will be blogging the other days in other entries but before I end this post, here are the things I bought in day 1:


Please continue my Eat . Play . Sleep Hong Kong tour day 2~

P.S : You can view more pictures I took in day 1 here !!

Thank you for reading and Tata~
akemi

1 comment:

  1. Very helpful and informative blog! After reading this blog one can easily plan his tour to Hang Kong. Next month my uncle is going there with his business partner after his weekend tours to new York. He is confused about his stay there. Now I will refer him to your blog to get information about restaurants and dining options there.

    ReplyDelete