3 ♥ Akemi's blog ♥: DIY - high waist acid washed shorts??!?!

Monday, October 29, 2012

DIY - high waist acid washed shorts??!?!

Hello people...
Not bad.. I'm trying to blog more often now, as you can see..
Whoo Hoo... MAINTAIN!!! and I shall continue to gain more extra income... Please click on the adverb if you seen one on the right and top!! *these are not virus!!* And most importantly, visit me more often.. erhem~  ^______^ v


Aright, in this post, I'm gonna share a DIY tutorial today!! HURRAY~ I love DIYs!!!

Its gonna be fun and interesting!! Obviously, this tutorial is on ACID WASH jeans!!! Kinda trendy now.. and because I need it for my performance, blame it on my size, I can't get one that can go with my team. So DIY loh...


LET'S START!!

Its hard to find a high waist jeans/shorts for my unique size, I went to buy guys cut at CK (cheapo max) because normally, guys jeans have higher zip area, in order to make it "like a high waist" shorts.

Basically, you can get any other jeans you like or any old jeans that you like to revamp for this tutorial.

I'm after this kind of color:



..... and so I got myself a very dark blue color to achieve this look~



THE THINGS NEEDED:


1. A pair of jeans/shorts.
2. A sample shorts.
3. Scissors
4. Bleach in spray bottle.



HOW TO DO?!??!!

Step 1:


I'm not sure whats that (arrow pointed) area called, but simply place the sample shorts on top and make sure the pointed area is aligned!

**The sample shorts determined the finished length~ So please find one shorts you have and you are comfortable with.**





It will look something like the above and we are gonna CUT IT!! Following the imaginary "dotted lines"~


Step 2:


CUT IT !! using the sample as a guide, cut the jeans CAREFULLY!!


You will ended up with a very raw end shorts! Now it still looks very OBiang~ But if you don't mind, you can wear it as it is...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

 * SERIOUSLY, i'm joking!! *

 
=_____= " The forever playful boy...


Before we continue to the next step, there are lots of look or design you wanna achieve from acid wash. So you must NOW DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT!!!

By spraying methods you can achieve this kind of look:


It's like a very blended large water mark patches... OR


Like this, small dots like rustic look~

Of course there are a lot more type, like pouring the bleach instead of spraying~ and blah blah blah... depending what you want to achieve.

**To achieve the large water marked look, you will first need to soak the shorts wet before bleaching!! 

**To achieve the small dots/rustic look, DO NOT WET the shorts before bleaching!!

OK, now we can proceed to the main step for acid wash! BLEACHING!!!

Step 3:


Spray the bleach on!! Remember NOT TO FOCUS on the same spot over and over again!! Spray evenly on all areas if not you will have patches and it can be ugly~

NOTE: make sure its spraying with tiny water droplet instead of those focusing on an area type.


Step 4:
After the bleaching, wash the shorts a few times with clear water to clean off excessive bleach.. then dry it it!!


And you know what??? Its ready to be wore!!! =)
EASY??!

So this is how mine turns out:




After a few washing, the ends will have the frays and I left it as it is as it look kinda matching with the acid wash effect.. HAH. Alternatively, you can hem it before the bleaching step~

Hope you enjoy doing your own acid wash shorts!! =)
And feel free to share with me your version!!!

ENJOY!!  ^_____^

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot! kliknij,
    http://www.blog.iszafy.pl/2010/05/szafy-narozne-warte-uwagi/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know it didn't really worked out, my shorts only bleached.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, which part wasn't working out? You are basically bleaching the colors to get that effect. I would love to help you solve the problem if you could describe to me the problem you encountered

      Delete
  3. Hey will this work with black shorts? Thanx

    ReplyDelete